Information about the role of the Governing Body
The governing body of Eastlands Primary School conducts its business to take account of the three roles outlined in the Governors’ Handbook:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The day to day management of the school is the responsibility of the head teacher and senior leadership team.
The composition of the governing body
The governing body has re-constituted for September 2015. It comprises 11 governors in total. Every governor appointed to the governing body is appointed on the basis of the skills required to contribute to the effective governance and success of the school. The number of governors in each category is determined through the Instrument of Government and is currently:
- 1 head teacher
- 1 elected staff governor
- 3 elected parent governors
- 1 local authority governor
- 5 co-opted governor
Governing Body Terms of Reference 2016 - 2017
Governor Impact Log 2016-17 click HERE
Register of governors’ interests (From September 2016)
The attached document sets out the following:
- relevant business interests of governors and details of any other educational establishments they govern
- relationships between governors and members of the school staff including spouses, partners and relatives
2019 - 2020 click HERE 2018 - 2019 click HERE 2017 - 2018 click HERE 2016 - 2017 click HERE 2015 - 2016 click HERE
Click HERE to view training courses attended by governors.
Meetings of the governing body
The full governing body meets seven times a year with no committee meetings; all meetings are clerked. Records of Governors' attendance at meetings:-
|2019 - 2020 click HERE|
|2018 - 2019 click HERE||2018 - 2019 click HERE||2017-2018 click HERE||2016 - 2017 click HERE||2015-2016 click HERE|
Governor Meetings Minutes
|21st September 2017||28th September 2017||6th December 2017||18th January 2018||22nd March 2018||3rd May 2018||12th July 2018|
|13th September 2018||11th October 2018||22nd November 2018||17th January 2019||20th March 2019|
How to become a governor
For further details about our vacancies on our governing body please contact our Clerk.