Read Write Inc Phonics
Eastlands Primary School began implementing Read Write Inc. Phonics from September 2015.
Read Write Inc. Phonics is a complete literacy programme, for 4 to 7 year-olds learning to read and write and for 7 and 8 year-olds needing to catch up quickly. The programme progression is as follows:
In Nursery all children...
- Learn the first 30 sounds in short daily sessions.
In Reception all children...
- Read storybooks and non-fiction books closely matched to their developing phonic knowledge
- Take home Phonics storybooks to share
- Read with fluency and expression
- Learn to spell using known sounds
- Write confidently by practising what they want to write out loud first
- Work well with a partner.
By the end of Year 1 all children...
- Are accurate and speedy readers
For 'top tips' and practical advice please take a look at the following videos:
http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/home/reading-site/expert-help/ruth-miskins-video-page?region=uk or click the videos below.
School Policy - Read, Write, Inc
Please click (here) to view our school policy.
The DFE publish our Phonics results in a report called RAISEonline which analyses our school data. Here is a summary from our last published RAISEonline report for attainment in the Phonics Screening Check for Year 1 and 2 pupils over a three year period.
Please click on the link below to view a report to show the Percentage of children achieving the expected standard (3 year trend):