Our new vision statement was rewritten in October 2016 with the involvement of children, staff, parents and governors. It reflects our overarching aims, ethos and values and we plan to use it to direct our journey for the next few years and to inspire further progress and developments.
At Eastlands Primary School we strive for quality education through outstanding teaching and learning by holding the highest expectations of all our pupils. The Learning Challenge approach ensures greater breadth and balance. Children at Eastlands have a say in their learning using discussion, dialogue and debate as powerful tools. We take pride in putting children first, knowing each child’s strength and needs so ensuring no child is left behind. Nurturing the whole child is our goal. Our commitment to quality education includes strong community links.
- To celebrate perseverance, resilience and risk taking, ensuring children welcome challenge and are not frightened to make mistakes.
- To encourage children to take ownership of and responsibility for their learning, so they have the confidence and curiosity to ask questions, solve problems and respond to quality feedback.
- To praise hard work, determination and having a positive attitude.
- To develop our school so that it has consistency at its heart, that it is a creative and exciting place for our children and for the community, that we have high expectations of each other and that we hold each other to account.
- To educate in a holistic way, focusing not only on the academic but also on the social, moral, creative and artistic.
- To give opportunities to develop the knowledge and skills our children will need for later in life.
- To build a school community with positive relationships based upon clear values, respect and support.
- To be ambitious for our children and for our school.
This website is an important link in the way we communicate all that we do here at Eastlands, as it provides us with a wonderful opportunity to share and celebrate the life and work of our pupils.
If you would like to know more or see us in action then we would be very pleased to show you around.
"Eastlands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, parents and volunteers to share this commitment."
Eastlands School @eastlandsschool
12:07 Congratulations on your outstanding Christmas card entry! You received a certificate and pencil from Mark Pawsey MP… https://t.co/6FMqtnvyWN
12:06 Year 5 were very happy to receive the AR certificate this week! https://t.co/lli9tKOHg8
06:48 RT @Sheilabridge: @eastlandsschool @PeterJohnPeople we are looking forward to it, all the costumes are ready!